Saturday 1 November 2014

Flix Reviewer November Update

Hey guys, just a quick update to the blog about all the movies coming out in November that I might see and what reviews you can expect. If you have any recommendations, comment!

Interstellar


Christopher Nolan's latest epic comes out this month, starring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Michael Caine among others. The project has been shrouded in secrecy and it's needless to say, it has piqued my interest. But I don't know if I'll be able to put out a review for this until it comes out on DVD because of it's length. Seriously, Nolan? 182 MINUTES! That is verging on "Avatar" length and I've heard that the first hour is on Earth (mind you, that could be used for set up and character development)!!! Anyway, sorry if you were wanting a review on that. Maybe, but I'm not certain.

The Imitation Game



Next up on the 14th of November is a biopic about Alan Turing, the man who cracked the German code during WWII, starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Ever since premiering at the Telluride Film Festival, and later the Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the "People's Choice Award for Best Film", the film has been receiving extremely positive reviews so it's natural that I would want to check it out.

The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part 1


Now, this is a lock-in for a review. I have been watching this series since the start and have loved every minute. Jennifer Lawrence is perfect in her role, with a bleak future having been created very well, to add to the atmosphere. I am very excited for this.

TV Reviews

There's going to be a few TV reviews out this month as well, including the Doctor Who Series 8 finale (which starts tonight :) ), and hopefully the beginning of my "Flash" and "Arrow Season 3" reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment